Planning for your commercial roofing includes the type of shingles you are going to use. Your decision can be influenced by a number of factors such as the design and theme of your establishment, budget, and life expectancy. Some would prioritize aesthetics over cost while some would prefer to choose shingles that fit their environment regardless of how much will be spent.
There are different types of roofing shingles to choose from and it might get overwhelming. To help you decide, here are the different roofing shingles you can consider:
1. Metal Roof Shingles – If you are looking for roof shingles with a long life expectancy, metal roof shingles are one of the best options. This type of shingle can last up to more than 75 years especially with the right care and maintenance. Metal roof shingles are also lightweight and easy to install.
2. Asphalt Shingles – This type of shingles is quite common and popular for brand new homes. Asphalt shingles are also easy to install and replace when damages happen. Because they are commonly used, looking for replacements and stocks will not be difficult as well. Asphalt shingles can last up to 20 – 22 years or more when properly maintained.
3. Wooden Shingles – Owners who are going for more customization options and rustic styles would opt for wooden shingles. Because the shingles are made from wood, they can be sawed, cut, and shaped into your desired size and form. Wooden shingles are also durable and can live between 15 to 50 years. Maintenance for wooden shingles can be challenging but the beauty it brings is well worth it.
4. Rubber Roofing Shingles – At first glance, you might confuse rubber roof shingles with asphalt shingles because of similarities in their appearance. Rubber roofing shingles have a lifespan of 15 to 25 years and are made for easy installation. Maintenance is also easy and cheap.
5. Solar Roof Shingles – Installing solar roof shingles can be quite pricey but it is a worthwhile investment. Solar roofs are great energy savers especially if you want to cut down on your electricity bills. However, this also calls for careful planning when it comes to its placement because you have to make sure that your solar shingles are getting as much sun exposure as possible. Besides its energy-saving attributes, solar roofing shingles are also durable and carry a modern aesthetic.
6. Plastic Roof Shingles – Another eco-friendly option for roof shingles is the plastic roof shingle because they are made from recycled plastic materials. Plastic roof shingles are also budget-friendly because they are reused goods. However, compared to other shingle types, plastic shingles will need to be maintained constantly in order to last long. Depending on how you care for them, your plastic roof shingles can live between 7 to 20 years.
We understand the difficulty of choosing the best roof shingles for your commercial establishment given that the wide variety of choices. When having doubts, just reach out to Gulf Tex Roofing and Services to better weigh your options and make the best decision.