When it comes to your business, one of the most critical parts of your building’s structure is your roof. It protects your business, inventory, your employees and your customers. While no commercial roof will last a lifetime, maintaining your roof will lengthen the life time before you need to replace your roof. You will not only be protecting your commercial property, but saving money as well. So let’s look at some damages that you should be aware of that regular maintenance by a roofing professional can help prevent.
Why Do You Need A Commercial Roofing Maintenance Plan
It is important that you know that most roofing manufacturers’ warranties place the maintenance responsibilities on the business owner. So any issues fall on you. This is why you will want to interview and hire the services of a good commercial roofing company. A comprehensive roofing maintenance package often includes:
- Biannual roofing inspections
- Inspections after severe weather events
- Routine maintenance and repairs.
- Keep roof clean of debris
- Keep drainage systems clear and functioning
- Make sure there is no standing water or “ponding”
- Restrict roof access to authorized personnel only
- Search sloped roofs with overhangs for ice and increase attic insulation if needed
- Proof of roof condition if you need to make an insurance claim.
Benefits Of A Commercial Roofing Maintenance Plan
These days no business owner can have the luxury of closing his business for a week or so until any roofing issues can be repaired or replaced. So the biggest benefits of regular commercial roof maintenance are that you can work without any obstructions. The elements play havoc on your roof, but with a good maintenance plan you can expect the following:
- Longer lifespan on your roof
- Little to no structural damage
- Faster identification of issues that need repairing
- Regular clean ups
- Long term cost savings
- Tax breaks
Yes, that is correct. You can fully deduct any routine maintenance from minor repairs to annual inspections according to the IRS. They define commercial roof maintenance as:
- Repairs due to regular wear and tear
- Repairs needed to keep your business in its normal condition and operational
- Repairs that are required more than once in a decade or class life.
Work With A Professional Roofing Company
It is a given that if you want something to last, you need to take care of it. It does not matter if it needs to be washed regularly, placed in an airtight container, or turn it off when you no longer use it. Your commercial building’s roof is no different. At Gulf Tex Roofing and Services our technicians are well experienced in maintaining your roof to extend its lifetime. We are known for our dedication and safety practices. We are completely committed not only to providing the highest quality roofing services but while providing affordable prices that make much needed roofing projects within reach for all commercial property owners. So give us a call and let our technician show you how we can keep your roof looking good for years to come.